Children's House Room 1 - 2014 - 2015
|Welcome to Children's House Room 1's class page!|
|International Day of Peace |
Today, September 22, we celebrated International Day of Peace. Children all over the world celebrate this day by singing 'Light A Candle for Peace'. Our morning circle included learning about the United Nations flag and looking at pictures from around the world of children in their classrooms. We lit our peace candle and sang 'Light A Candle for Peace'. We closed the circle by listening to a book created by the United Nations for Children, 'A Wish For Every Child'. Each child held the 'Peace Earth' and had an opportunity to share their peaceful wish for every child.
Visit the private page to read the peaceful wishes for every child.
|Below is a helpful list of questions that can help to get your child talking about their day|
*Log in to the CH 1 private page to view photos
- What was the snack today?
- Who did you sit with at lunch?
- What was your favorite part of the day?
- What kind of sand toys are in the sandbox?
- What was the story about that the teacher read at circle?
- What do you do in the classroom if you are thirsty?
- How do you carry a "mat"?
- Do you want to look at the pictures of your classroom on the computer with me?
|Important September Dates|
Parent/Teacher Conferences - Thursday, September 18th, Friday, September 19th and October 2nd
|This link will take you to our password protected class page.|