Career Opportunities at LMS
Employment Opportunities at Lexington Montessori School
|We at Lexington Montessori School are eager to meet teachers throughout the year who are interested in working at LMS. In this way, when we have an opening, we can contact candidates who already know about our school and who may have already visited us. Like many schools, LMS has openings for a variety of positions at various times in the school year.|
LMS prides itself on its child-centered classrooms, diversity of students and teachers, and its vibrant, caring environment. Lexington Montessori School is a toddler through middle school, accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Association of Independent Schools of New England.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of the Lexington Montessori School to be fair and impartial in all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment and to make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and all other personnel actions and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, layoffs, and reinstatements, training, tuition assistance, and disciplinary measures.
Current Positions Available
Lexington Montessori School is seeking a Director of Community Development
This is a great job for a person who:
• falls in love with the mission and community of LMS, embraces and internalizes the diversity, energy and warmth of the school;
• has experience with a range of community tasks: working with volunteers, promoting the strengths and real value of an institution, raising funds for a small non-profit;
• likes to discover (ever more) effective ways of communicating with constituencies (parents, alumni, alumni parents);
• wants to be part of the management of the whole school by being a member of the administrative team;
• sees potential in a school of 160 families (235 children from toddler through middle school) and 58 teachers and staff who want to change the world.